By T.K. Ghose ,A. Fiechter, N.Blakebrough
Read or Download Advances in Biochemical Engineering, Volume 009: Microbial Processes PDF
Similar nonfiction_3 books
The number one outdoors knife-use publication on the earth! formerly an out of doors lifestyles ebook membership choice. Use your knife to degree woods heights (cliffs for rappelling) pass a river, inform time and plenty extra! hundreds of thousands of illustrations assist you to make traps, creature comforts and outdoors instruments together with your knife.
The function of a genetic counsellor is to mediate among the quick advances in molecular medication and an individual's skill to appreciate and deal with the dangers in their inheritance. Counsellors as a result must be absolutely in control of the mental effect in their communications. Written through a psychiatrist who later grew to become a psychotherapist, this handbook is key analyzing for counsellors of all disciplines.
- Cosmical Electrodynamics
- Reverence for Life: Albert Schweitzer's Great Contribution to Ethical Thought
- Network Performance Open Source Toolkit: Using Netperf, tcptrace, NIST Net, and SSFNet
- Pumpkin Jack Skull and Other Tales of Terror
- Firefighter Fatality Retrospective Study
- Prediction of Defects in Material Processing
Additional info for Advances in Biochemical Engineering, Volume 009: Microbial Processes
In order to compare the uptake rate of accommodation-form n-tetradecane with that of drop-form n-tetradecane, the rates of oxygen uptake were measured on drop-form and accommodation-form n-tetradecanes, since the oxygen uptake rate was proportional to the specific growth rate as shown in Fig. 4. The microorganisms used were Candida intermedia IFO 0761, with high affinity for hydrocarbon and Candida tropicalis ATCC 20336, with low affinity, both were mentioned in Section 2. The rates of oxygen uptake on accommodation-form n-tetradecane were measured using various substrate concentrations for alanine-precultured C intermedia and C.
7. Concluding Remarks . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Nomenclature . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . References . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 31 32 32 34 35 42 43 46 46 48 50 52 54 54 1. I n t r o d u c t i o n The mechanism of liquid hydrocarbon uptake by microorganisms represents an important problem. The kinetics of microbial growth on hydrocarbon are a basis for industrial development of hydrocarbon processes.
Intermedia and the specific hydrocarbon concentration, S - X - l , as the specific rate of oxygen uptake was proportional to the specific growth rate, as shown in Fig. 4. 4 // 2 i o o I I I S/X I 2 (g/g) Fig. 26. Relationship between oxygen uptake rate and specific n-tetradecane concentration per unit cell mass 18l 3 I -2 / 0 I 2 I t; 1 6 [S/X~ "1 (g/g) Fig. 27. Lineweaver-Burkplot for oxygen uptake rate and specific n-tetradeeane concentration per unit cell mass [81 7. C o n c l u d i n g R e m a r k s The mechanism of liquid hydrocarbon uptake by microorganisms depends upon the properties of the microorganisms and the kinds of hydrocarbons.
Advances in Biochemical Engineering, Volume 009: Microbial Processes by T.K. Ghose ,A. Fiechter, N.Blakebrough