By Jeffrey Sambells
- Includes a short recap of the fundamentals, for reference purposes.
What you’ll learn
- A speedy recap of the HTML and CSS DOM, equipment, and events.
- Introduces Ajax to the combo, exhibiting you ways to take advantage of it, and while to not use it.
- Learn most sensible practices (such as swish degredation) and productiveness development through code reuse (libraries and APIs)
- Create Mashups utilizing seek, photograph and mapping APIs.
- Build higher, extra dynamic consumer reviews utilizing libraries reminiscent of Prototype and Scriptaculous.
Who this ebook is for
Read or Download AdvancED DOM Scripting: Dynamic Web Design Techniques PDF
Model 1. three. three (20 might 2014).
Learn Meteor and construct swifter & easier net apps, as we educate you ways to construct a real-time Meteor app from scratch.
https://www. discovermeteor. com/
- NW.js Essentials
- Building Node Applications with MongoDB and Backbone: Rapid Prototyping and Scalable Deployment
Extra info for AdvancED DOM Scripting: Dynamic Web Design Techniques
You can avoid a lot of frustration by keeping two simple things in mind: be unique and don’t share. To be unique, you need to pick a name for your space that’s not going to be used elsewhere. The Yahoo Libraries, for example, use YAHOO, whereas Google Maps uses a G prefix for everything. As you’ll see shortly, I’m going to use ADS for Advanced DOM Scripting in all the examples for this book, but feel free to change that to something more unique for you. If you use your own, you can load the book’s source along with your source and run them side-by-side if you like.
Figure 1-4. An alert window showing the actual result of the click But why is this? Each alert() produces the same message because the value of i isn’t actually retrieved from the scope chain until the click event occurs. When the click occurs, initAnchors() has already finished executing, so i will be equal to 4, because it has been incremented to a number greater than 3 to stop the loop. 36 DO IT RIGHT WITH BEST PRACTICES When the click event listener is invoked and checks its internal scope for the value of i, it doesn’t have it, so it looks to its external scope, in this case the initAnchors() function.
AdvancED DOM Scripting: Dynamic Web Design Techniques by Jeffrey Sambells