Top 10 Bollywood Movies Of 2011
With 2011 almost coming to an end, we bring the Top 10 Bollywood Movies Of 2011 movies of the year as of now, though, RA-one is yet to be released. This year has been a mixed bag with both hit and flop movies. Some won critical acclaim, others were loved by the Bollywood loving public and some left their mark even though they were not spectacular.
- Chillar party – One of the best movies of the year 2011, this film has a lot of fun and also a message for you. It is about a bunch of kids who get into an emotional situation. The gang of innocents has names to suit their eccentricities and along come Fatka and his dog. Fatka washes cars to earn a livelihood and then after a clash of wills, the two are accepted into the Chillar Party. They save the dog Bhidu from the politics of politicians.
- Zindagi na milegi dobara – This one is about three friends, Kabir (Abhay Deo), Arjun (Hrithik Roshan) and Imran (Farhan Akhtar) who have fantasized a vacation and turn it into reality when Kabir decides to get married. The movie is fraught with the lessons they learn and how they conquer their fears. Kalki Koechlin as Kabir Dewan’s insecure fiancée is very convincing and Katrina Kaif play Hrithik’s love interest.
- Singham – This blockbuster starring Ajay Devgan as Bajirao Singham is about an honest police officer who fights corruption in the society. The plot is as old as Bollywood but was well received by audiences.
- Bodyguard – It is inconceivable that a Salman Khan blockbuster is not a hit. The movie stars Salman Khan as Bodyguard to a rich girl and their complicated love story.
- Murder 2 – One would have expected a Emraan Hashmi movie to be a smoochie but Murder 2 surpirses on pleasantly. It is a sequel to the 2004 hit movie, Murder. The movie stars Jacqueline Fernandez as the love interest of the “Serial kisser”, Emraan Hashmi. It is a thriller where the hero’s quest for abducted girls and their abductor leads him to his love.
- Dhobi Ghat – It is not known why this movie did not work out so well. One of the most awaited movie of the year, Dhobi Ghat came and sank without a trace. The movie is about mumbaikars’ struggle for survival, connecting four random lives – a newly married muslin girl, a dhobi, an NRI investment banker and a painter. You will either love the movie or feel completely bored. There are no midways in this.
- No one killed Jessica – Based on the true story of the murdered Jessica and how her sister, Sabrina, played by Vidya Balan, this movie and gets together with a reporter (Rani Mukhrjee) to seek justice for the murdered girl.
- Tanu weds Manu – Starring Kangna Ranaut, R. Madhavan and Jimmy Shergill, it is a romantic comedy taking potshots of the society. There are mismatched weddings, a patient hero, a rebellious heroine and how they come together. IT has some good songs too.
- Buddah hoga tera baap – There are not many actors who can claim as much popularity as Amitabh Bachchan. This thespian plays a flamboyant hitman and tries to resurrect the angry young man of 70s.
- Delhi Belly – A much publicized film, it starts Imraan Khan in the lead role. It is a slick comedy without much to laugh about, though there are moments of craziness.
With 2 months yet to go and a few more movies anticipated eagerly, it is hoped that some of the movies from this list will be replaced with others.